mod_rewrite in fedora's httpd

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jun 1 17:11:27 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 01.06.2004 schrieb Richard Kurth um 18:55:

> >> Does mod_rewrite come compiled in httpd in the fedora distribution.
>
> DP> Yes.
>

> Then how come I can not fined it. It does not show up in the
> httpd.conf file as a module and it is not listed as being compiled
> into http  when I run httpd -l. What am I missing? I can not get it to
> run any rewrite rules. Is there a switch inn the conf file that I have
> to change.
> I am just moving to httpd 2 from apache 3.* so some things are
> different to me

$ grep -n rewrite /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.orig
188:LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

shows you that you need to switch it on with

RewriteEngine on

and of course you will have to set proper rules.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 19:05:19 up 1 day, 19:59, load average: 0.13, 0.32, 0.33