mod_rewrite in fedora's httpd

Richard Kurth rdkurth at starband.net
Tue Jun 1 17:52:11 UTC 2004

Hello Dylan,

>>> Yes.
>>>
>> Then how come I can not fined it. It does not show up in the
>> httpd.conf file as a module and it is not listed as being compiled
>> into http  when I run httpd -l. What am I missing?

DP> AFAIK the module should be in "/usr/lib/httpd/modules". You should also
DP> the following in your httpd.conf file:

DP>      LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

DP> Then use .htaccess files for your rewrite rules, eg:

DP>      Options +FollowSymLinks
DP>      RewriteEngine On
DP>      ReWriteRule ^main/([A-Z0-9a-z_]*) /index.php?file=$1.xml [L]

DP> That's how I have it working on my machine anyway. Let us know if you
DP> getting it working ;)

DP> --
DP> Dylan Parry
DP> http://www.webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

 This is what my rewrite rules look like they worked just fine on
 Apache 3.*  but can not get them to work on httpd 2

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                    ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/acp/?$                        http://%1:8080/autocontrol/index.php
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                    ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/ucp/?$                        http://%1:8080/user/index.php
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                    ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/rcp/?$                        http://%1:8080/resellerpanel/index.php
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                    ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/ecp/?$                        http://%1:8080/emailuser/index.php

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            mailto:rdkurth at starband.net