xcdroast/cdrecord in FC2

browning2man browning2man at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 1 18:30:41 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I have some suggestion for those needing help with xcdroast/cdrecord
with the new 2.6 kernel in FC2. I use a Liteon LTR-52246s running FC2.
This was my approach and so far it works for me:

First, I went to /etc and renamed the xcdroast.conf file to a backup
file. Next, log in Gnome or KDE as root and call up xcdroast and start
initial configuration all over again (this generates a new xcdroast.conf
file). Instead scanning for the cd drive, I manually added /dev/hdc and
per the release notes for FC2. Now, I don't receive the error message
from xcdroast about improper scsi configuration. Then, I edited the
/etc/cdrecord.conf and changed FIFO size from 1m to 8m. I tested again
and recorded the first 3 FC2 .iso images perfectly then checked with
md5sum.
After you burn a CD, unmount the CD and do this to check file integrity:
dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2k | md5sum. This is the same command line that is
embedded on the 1st cd when you boot up off the 1st cd to install and it
ask you if you want to do a media check.

Browning2man