Re: Ugly, ugly fonts in X apps after upgrade to FC2 [Was: Re: core 2 test 2 : fonts ]

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 11:25, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
>     vgi>
>     vgi> I have the same problem on the released version of FC2. Xterm and
>     vgi> especially XEmacs have leading and size problems, and are especially thin.
>     vgi>
[Snip]

I have seen similar behavior using "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono" for the
xterm font, changing the font size helped (9pt ==> 8pt). I am using the
default "nv" driver on a Dell Inspiron 8100, in the past font problems
seemed to go away when I switched to the "nvidia" proprietary driver.
Not a big issue for me, so I will wait for the official NVidia release.

--
Brian Gaynor
Precision MicroControl Corp.

  e-mail: briang pmccorp com