Mozilla-1.7

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Jun 1 22:36:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 15:20 -0700, Nathan G. Grennan wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 07:00 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> >
> I made my own 1.7rc2 rpms. It isn't that hard. Grab the 1.6 src.rpm,
> install it, drop the 1.7rc2 tarball into the sources directory, edit the
> spec file to change the version and maybe filename, commit out some
> patches, and then run rpmbuild -bb mozilla.spec while
> in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS. As for which patches, try to compile it
> without commenting out patches, see which patch it fails on, and then
> comment out that patch and all the patches after that one. I think there
> were 5-6.

Well, I was able to download the latest build installer and did it that
way, installing into /usr/lib/mozilla-1.x dir and it runs, but I don't
get the fonts that Red Hat's version uses and couple other things.
Going to try the way you did it (have done another rpm that way before
as well) and see what happens.

Mozilla-1.8 I believe is current build.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"