Network Server displaying nothing

Nicholas Ruddick nicholasruddick at dopeflish.com
Tue Jun 1 23:06:33 UTC 2004

I've having a problem with Network Servers not displaying anything apart
from Windows Servers. I have smb.conf as follows

[global]
        workgroup = LGSOC
        server string = DopeFlish Box
        security = DOMAIN
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        os level = 33
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 192.168.0.1
        idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
        idmap gid = 16777216-33554431

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

It did a couple of times show all the servers in my network but not now.
I have a samba server domain controller running that is master browser
of the network and works with all the other machines in my network so I
don't know whats wrong. I tried changing my workgroup name in gconf but
no joy. What should I try next?

Nicholas Ruddick