Re: Mysterious Problem - rpm database gone?

Olaf Mueller wrote:

> since today yum is broken on my fc2.
Ok, I solved this now with a backup from the /var/lib/rpm directory.
After that I could rebuild the rpm-database and start "yum update"
without any error. But how could this error happened? Has anybody an
idea?

By the way, it's good to have a backup from /var/lib/rpm, isn't it!

        Olaf