FC2 hangs after login

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Wed Jun 2 04:52:47 UTC 2004

I have an older laptop p2/300 mhz with FC2 installed. All works fine if you are a little bit patient :-)

This laptop authenticates as all others a) locally via pam or b) via smb to my samba-server. This is no problem on the
newer laptop an WAS no problem...until...i do not know. There was a day, i could login, but FC2 blocked on its splash
screen. I had no other choice than remove the battery and restart. The only help i can get is booting into runlevel 1
and exiting. Then it works.

My logs do not show anything special at all. What workaround would you tell me to do, if i do not like reinstalling
this granny?? Has already had this somebody else too?

Thanks in advance,
Roger