Gpilotd and synaptics touchpad kernel questions

Mauri Sahlberg Mauri.Sahlberg at claymountain.com
Wed Jun 2 08:35:52 UTC 2004

ke, 2004-06-02 kello 04:07, Jim Cornette kirjoitti:
> For a few laptop types with the synaptics touchpad, adding something
> like the below to the kernel allows the mouse to work. (Scrolling and tap).
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.6-1.406 ro root=LABEL=/  acpi=on psmouse.proto=imps

Hmm. I was about to say that already tried that but obviously I had
understood something wrong as:
sudo sysctl -w psmouse.proto=imps
error: 'psmouse.proto' is an unknown key

I had edited sysctl.conf and added psmouse.proto=imps (and psmouse.resetafter=5
) to it but that probably does not work either.

Thanks for the tip, I will try booting with psmouse.proto=imps to see if it makes
a difference or not.

> Good luck getting the synaptics running.

Thanks. I will proabably try one of Arjan's 2.6.6 kernels next if the
psproto will not work, as there seems to be patches for synpatics for
kernels 2.6.6 but not for 2.6.5. As far as I can tell those patches are
unrelated to my problem but as I have no better things to try...

How did you measure temperatures? Do you have some GPL tool for it?
--
Mauri.Sahlberg at claymountain.com   	+358 44 5229238
http://www.claymountain.com/~mos/