sendmail in FC2

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jun 2 10:36:51 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 02.06.2004 schrieb Mike Chambers um 4:43:

> > I'm not running any type of server, since I didn't choose any in the
> > install.
>
> If your not running an email server, then you can just shutoff sendmail
> from even starting, since it won't be needed.  It's only for listening
> to port 25 and receiving emails sent to that box anyway.
>
> chkconfig sendmail off (or use the GUI, as in Hat/System Settings/Server
> Settings/Services and uncheck it along with any other services you don't
> need running).

> Mike Chambers

But that would prevent him to get system mails like those generated by
cronjobs like logwatch. So it is better to setup the DNS proper.

So Jason, Check your /etc/hosts file. I posted you an example to show
you how it has to look: first line for localhost IP mapping and in the
second line the mapping for your host (server) name.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.5-1.358
Serendipity 12:34:26 up 12:52, 8 users, 1.11, 0.35, 0.19