Wiil there be a Fedora Core 2 ISO Update?

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 2 11:56:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 17:20:21 -0500
Ed Kenny <egkenny at comcast.net> wrote:

> Since the partition corruption problems is such a serious issue with
> Fedora Core 2, will there be a fix done in the next few weeks followed
> by new ISOs distributed to the mirrors? Maybe this can be done with only
> a rerelease of Disk1.
>
> This is not without precedence. A replacement ISO was released for
> RedHat 9 Disk 1. I did not realize this until I saw a differnt checksum
> listed for Disk 1 a few months after its initial release.

Every bug is serious to the person affected by it.   There is no data loss
with this dual boot problem.    A large percentage of people will never
be affected by this bug, and for those who are affected several  quick
fixes exist to get them working again.   So there is no particular urgency
for a new release and it makes sense to delay for a while until even
more fixes can be incorporated.

Cheers,
Sean