Memory errors

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 12:15:52 UTC 2004

Chris Torske wrote:
> Anyways; if I this memtest86 is completely accurate, then I may have a
> chip that is starting to go bad.  I should probably just find which it
> is and replace, but I am not because of lack of money.  Already had one
> stick go bad, and haven't replaced that either.

Have you considered using the Linux BadRAM patch?
http://rick.vanrein.org/linux/badram/

This will only work if you're only using Linux on the machine. But it
will stop your dodgy memory from trashing your filesystem.

James.

--
E-mail address: james@ | Whenever [Richard I] returned to England he always
westexe.demon.co.uk    | set out again immediately for the Mediterranean and