Re: Updateing/Installing

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:44:43 +0100, Peter Cannon <peter cannon-linux freeserve co uk> wrote:

On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 14:30, Jonathan Rawle wrote:

No, that will simply hide the icon then put it back in place. To delete the
old menu, delete the .config and .local directories from your home
directory. (You might want to do this from outside KDE. When you log back
in, you'll have the default menus, and kmenuedit will work correctly).

I don't mean to be stupid but surely if I delete the directories they will be
gone forever what will kde draw on to re-create the deleted directories?

Internally configured default options that write them if not present.

Think of what happens when you add a new user to an already installed
system. The new user doesn't automatically come with all these directories,
KDE will have to write them in on their first use.

--
email:snorri_dj operamail com
http://members.optusnet.com.au/stonierd/