FC2 AMD_64 install fails

K. Spearel kas11 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 2 16:57:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 12:04, P.Agenbag wrote:
> Hi List
>
> I seached the list and it seems I am the only person in the whole wide
> world with an install failure on FC2 for AMD64??? ( or maybe I searched
> like my but anyway...)
>
> I proceed to do a "everything" install and have FC2 do a auto partition
> on a 120GB SATA disk. All's well at this point, then it formats
> partition and copies the install image to disk and then it prepares the
> rpm transaction and then , woops, does a post install configuration
> without copying anything and gives me a message like follows:
>
> An unhandled exception has occured .....
>
> Traceback
> File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 1048, in handleRenderCallback
> self.currentWindow.renderCallback()
> File "/usr/lib/anaconda/iw/progress_gui.py", line 242, in renderCallback
> self.initf.icw.nextClicked()
> File "/usr/lib/anaconda/gui.py", line 763, in nextClicked
> self.dispatch.gotoNext()
> File "/usr/lib/anaconda/dispatch.py", line 169, in gotoNext
> self.moveStep()
> bla bla bla
> (I have to type this by hand since folks thinks other folks still use
> floppy drives...)
>
> Anyway, I thought it had something to do with my graphics card, so I
> tried a text only install, same thing, different errors...
>
> Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>
> PS all CD media MD5SUMS check out OK
>
> PPS system = AMD 64 3200, 1GB DDR400 RAM, 120GB SATA DISK NVIDIA FX-5700
> 256MB
>
> PPPS how difficult would it be to have the option to write to CD during
> install, ie, write a boot CD at least?
>
> PPPPS thanks for the help and hard work on FC!!

Exact motherboard make and model would be helpful also...others are
having SATA problems on x86_64 systems also but this doesn't look like
that to me...however, I'll bet a dollar to a donut that you have memory
issues.  Boot CD1 and run memtest86 at the boot prompt...I suggest
running it for an extended period.

KAS