RE: rsyncing 79gb of data to 250gb drive

At 15:20 5/28/2004, Michael Mansour wrote:
Not only do I wonder if tar will respond the same way
as rsync without the -S option, but I'm also wondering
if backup software which use rsync to perform backups
would also take this into account...

I also wonder if there is any downside to using -S or whether it might produce an undesirable result in some cases. If not, perhaps one should always use it just in case?

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com