RE: [FC1] Insufficient rights when trying to shut down

>Hmm.. that may be a case of your
>"/usr/bin/consolehelper" not being set up properly??
>Cos all the commands are actually soft links

The reboot and poweroff in my machine are exactly like yours, same permissions, same owner and group.

Consolehelper exists, and shows:

[ester localhost ester]$ ls -l /usr/bin/consolehelper
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 3604 Oct 23  2003 /usr/bin/consolehelper

I tried on a terminal window, result:

[ester localhost ester]$ /usr/bin/consolehelper
userhelper must be setuid root

>what about the /etc/pam.d/halt or reboot or poweroff or shutdown files??

Same like yours

Thanks for your time... I'm still searching but no luck.
Ester

<<winmail.dat>>