FC2 - KDSKBENT on console login

When I login at the console (root or otherwise), I get the usual message
"Last login:.......".  Then on the next line I get:

KDSKBENT: Invalid argument
failed to bind key 255 to value 1188

No other errors in the console operation.  I do get an X.org-related
error when starting X (making another post re that).

Interestingly, this doesn't happen when I ssh in from a remote
location.  What is going on with this please?  Solutions?  Thank you!  -
John