ATI Radeon 7000 and DRI

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Thu Jun 3 02:11:05 UTC 2004

On May 31, 2004 02:34 pm, Alan wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 04:10, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Alan wrote:
> > > I have a Radeon 7000 card on an Athlon system with a SiS motherboard.
> > >
> > > I installed Fedora Core 2 on it.  X worked all through the install.
> > >
> > > When I rebooted the system, the screen goes black and the system hangs.
> > > (Or at least X goes into a state I cannot get out of without a hard
> > > reboot.)
> >
> > Can't you get to a text console with Ctrl-Alt-F1 ?
>
> Nope.  X goes into an unusable state.

Just to confirm this, I have three systems with ATI Radeon 7000 64MB
AGP.  Two of them sit on an ASUS P4S800D-E and I was having
the same problem mentioned above.  Commenting out the dri command
in xorg.conf solved it.  The other system though, is an Athlon64 on a K8V
board, and there X works fine (i.e. I don't need comment out the Load "dri"
command.