Running Fedora in a Virtual PC - Mouse doesn't work

I've installed Fedora Core release 1 in MS Virtual PC
2004. During installation I chose a generic two-button
wheel mouse. When I boot, the mouse cursor will not
budge. I can log on to X Windows but can't do anything
because there must be a mouse.

Is there any way to reconfigure the mouse from the
shell (I can log into that)?

Thanks