FC2 AMD_64 install fails

Nathan Ollerenshaw nathan at valuecommerce.co.jp
Thu Jun 3 07:24:51 UTC 2004

P.Agenbag writes:

> Hi List
>
> I seached the list and it seems I am the only person in the whole wide
> world with an install failure on FC2 for AMD64??? ( or maybe I searched
> like my but anyway...)

No, I have the same problem. I just havn't had time to do anything about it
:)

> I proceed to do a "everything" install and have FC2 do a auto partition
> on a 120GB SATA disk. All's well at this point, then it formats
> partition and copies the install image to disk and then it prepares the
> rpm transaction and then , woops, does a post install configuration
> without copying anything and gives me a message like follows:
>
> An unhandled exception has occured .....

Same messages I get.

> Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
>
> PS all CD media MD5SUMS check out OK
>
> PPS system = AMD 64 3200, 1GB DDR400 RAM, 120GB SATA DISK NVIDIA FX-5700
> 256MB

Mine is a K8T800 mobo with a Athlon 64 3200 with 1GB of DDR333 memory, two
250GBSATA disks connected to the SATA raid controller and two 80GB disks
connected to the IDE controller (installing into one of those).

I should try again and then file a proper bug report.

Nathan.