Re: Hardrive clicking / Kernel issue or daemon ?

Hi Jeam-Marie

On Thursday 03 Jun 2004 03:41, vejmarie numericable fr wrote:

> It is clicking let's say every 10 to 30 s like if the head of the hardrive
> where put in an off position and restarted or like if my disk was going to
> die.

I don't have the answer as even after 8 months I'm still a novice but, the
same problem happend with FC 1 now I'm not sure of the exact kernel issue I
think it was about three back (FC1 Kernels that is) as you said it sounded
like the heads were extending to far on the platters this usually indicates
imminent hardware failure, however on the next issue of kernel (which if
memory serves me, was very fast) the problem was fixed so I take the view
that the problem lies in the kernel.

This happened 'once' yesterday with my laptop but hasn't happened since.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter cannon-linux freeserve co uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"