fstab entry for usbkey

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Jun 3 10:15:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 03:48 +0800, mdsabila wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In FC1, I mount my usbkey by adding below entry in /etc/fstab.
> Unfortunately I can't do the same in FC2. It keep complaining about
> wrong filesystem and unable to mount it. What's the correct entry to add
> in FC2 so it work exactly the same as in FC1?
>
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey   vfat
> user,iocharset=utf8,umask=0,sync,quiet,exec,codepage=

Because of some scsi devices with bad behaviour, PROBE_ALL_SCSI_LUNS is
turned off on Fedora's Linux.

You may need to add:

options scsi_mod max_luns=9

to /etc/modprobe.conf (or /etc/modules.conf if you use Linux 2.4)

9 was enough for me, your mileage may vary according to the device.

It may also happen that that device is not yet whitelisted in your
version of Linux...

Rui