only critical packages in minimal installation

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Thu Jun 3 16:17:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 16:25:32 PM +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra
(rms at 1407.org) wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 09:17 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> > Thanks, I'll look into it. There's also "--exclude-docs" but I'm having a
> > hell of a time figuring out how to tell Anaconda to install with one or
> > more of those options. :-)
>
> I wonder how hard it wold be to add a flag 'nodocs' that could be used
> by anaconda...

It would be great, but by itself it would not increase a lot the
number of older machines the standard Fedora can be installed.
Remember that the real bottleneck is anaconda itself. You have Fedora
packages which *would* work on that little RAM and CPU, but you
cannot *install* them unless you have more RAM and CPU...

Ciao,
	Marco F.
--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

May your campfire always burn bright