Re: Dear Fedora Community, what do you want?

At 10:43 6/3/2004, Christopher Chan wrote:
For desktop purposes, we can do with more drivers but the important ones (ATI, Nvidia, sound) are more or less in place.

Excuse me? Christopher, most people not living under a rock have been subjected to at least 100 posts in the last two weeks about Nvidia closed-source drivers, the nv open-source drivers, the pros/cons (mostly cons) of each option, and the fact that video drivers for advanced hardware are either entirely proprietary or simply do not exist. Where have *you* been?

<smile>

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz simpaticus com http://www.simpaticus.com