FC2 Kernel Rebuild

Steve Pyatt steve.pyatt at voodoovenue.com
Thu Jun 3 20:46:23 UTC 2004

>> After trying for about two weeks to rebuild the kernel that comes
with
>> FC2, I finally got it to work. At least to the point that it boots
>> correctly. The only web link I found that had correct instructions
for
>> the kernel is this one;
>> http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/2465

>Well, that set of instructions omits "make mrproper" as the first step,
which can >be critical for Red Hat kernels - certainly has been
necessary in the past.  Also >has quite a lot of stuff that is not
relevant to rebuilding/installing a Fedora
>kernel that may be confusing.

-- snip --

I think the part that fixed it was making sure that the EXT3 filesystem
was enabled in the menuconfig/gconfig portion. Thanks for your steps
though.

Steve