XKB Error

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 20:53:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

> Now, I am guessing that it accidentally detected something that wasn't
> there, and is now trying to use it.
>
> My questions are:
> 1) Am I correct?

Not quite.

> 2) Do I need to tell it that it's not there anymore? If so how?

su
system-config-display

That should create a file called xorg.conf in /etc/X11.

> 3) What else can I do to solve this problem?

If the xorg.conf file doesn't exist

su
vi /etc/X11/XF86Config

Find the instance in XKB (option "XkbRules" "XFree86") and change
XFree86 to xorg

:wq!

logout and login. Problem should be solved.

Common problem with upgrading from FC1 to FC2

TTFN

Paul
--
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,