sound problems in FC2

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Jun 3 21:16:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

> When I
> do a ctl-alt-f1 to get to console mode I see a series of Messages saying
> "audio_alsa: no cards found". This is followed by the message "Esound
> failed to start". This is apparently enough to cause gnome not to start.
> I know sound is detected because I see startup sound messages when I
> start the system. (sound card snd_ens1371).

Check you have something like this in modprobe.conf

alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
install snd-ens1371 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ens1371
&& /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 ||:
remove snd-ens1371 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };

If you have sound-card, change it to snd-card as well.

Give it a whirl and see what happens.

TTFN

Paul

--
"Your lives are in the hands of men no smarter than you or I, many of
them incompetent boobs. I know this because I worked alongside them,