Re: Interesting install evil

alan wrote:
I was installing the 4 disc of FC2 set on my laptop. I installed "everything" with all languages. (Everything++)

Sometime in disc 3 (after ant-devel according to the log) the machine rebooted. The kernel was not installed and it was unusable.

You would think that the kernel would be the *first* thing to install.

The "upgrade" option would not add in a kernel, so I am reinstalling and hope it works.

And since it is a Vaio 505ve, I get to see if it will run well enough to keep it...

Last weekend I did an upgrade and it failed to install the initrd...img
file ... though it announced that I had successfully installed everything.

I have yet to regain the use of my system (my old box can not boot from cd).

Good luck.