Configuring ACPI to do useful things?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jun 3 22:24:52 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 09:34, Dexter Ang wrote:
> Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> >
> > I have a script that will turn off the display when the lid is closed
> > and hibernate when the magic key is pressed as well as something to
> > actually determine if the laptop's running on battery and then hard-tune
> > cpufreq to lowest freq etc.
> >
> > Mail me off-line if more info is needed.
>
> What laptop are you using? I'm running a Thinkpad T30 and would love to
> know exactly how to turn off my LCD through software. Plus any other
> useful acpid scripts you may have that can be tested with FC2.

D600.. Turn off LCD? I just use the dpms feature.  Bear in mind that
I've not upgraded/installed FC2 yet. (afraid I'll get bitten with the
dual-Boot bug though there are assurances that it only happens on old
Hardware/pc etc. Though I only boot XP like 0.01/ every 10 times I boot
Linux.

I just do

/usr/X11R6/bin/xset -display :0 dpms force off

whenever the lid is pressed.

I've sent my script out to a couple of ppl already who wrote to me
off-line.