Soundcard recognized but no sound

lwj wayne at zkcelltest.com
Fri Jun 4 00:03:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 04:09, vito piserchia wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2004, lwj wrote:
>

> > After downloading yesterdays updates and rebooting I now have sound.
>
> Could you list the update packages ? i have the same problem too

The package download ended up being a red herring. After a couple of
reboots the problem came back.

I think my problem is related to a USB video camera connected to my
computer. I had forgotten about the camera until I saw the thread "[FC2]
When I try to install a Logitech Quickam Pro, I can't get sound
anymore." I already suspected something to do with USB because I noticed
that the Mixer had a USB sound tab in it when the sound was not working.

Sorry if I led anyone astray ...