Wiil there be a Fedora Core 2 ISO Update?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Jun 4 02:28:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 21:02, HD wrote:
> I am planning to upgrade to FC2 soon and am trying to get myself
> prepared...
>
> After reading all about this, I have a couple questions. The problem
> seems mostly to effect Win XP... Can it also occur with Win ME or Win
> 98 dual boot? Also, I see that it is a problem during the
> *installation* of FC2 does this mean *upgrades* from FC1 to FC2 as well?
>
> Thanks

I believe that it happens in any windows version. Considering that it
likes to check the CHS geometry , even when using LBA , you're doomed..
The best solution: get your geometry now and use it when booting the
core 2 cds (like "linux hda=C,H,S").
I've been biten by this bug when installing core 2 (and core 2 test 3)
on existing partitions (where core 2 test 2 was installed or where core
1 was installed). I didnt choose the "upgrade" option in anaconda , so
I'm not sure it's related , but when I last installed using the "linux
hda=geometry" above , I ended with a working system...

--
Pedro Macedo