samba printing format-not-supported

David L idht4n at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 4 02:55:17 UTC 2004

I was able to print from a w2k machine to my FC2-test1 printer via samba.  I
installed (new installation, not an upgrade) FC2 and now I get the following
error trying to print from w2k:

Unable to print file to deskjet840c -
client-error-document-format-not-supported

The smb.conf file is identical to the one that worked, so I assume it's a
printer setup problem, but I don't remember doing anything special in test1
to get the printer working with samba.  Any ideas of what's wrong?

Thanks:     David

PS - Sorry if this is a repeat... I didn't see my earlier message appear on
the list.