problems after upgrade FC1 -> FC2

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jun 4 11:06:37 UTC 2004

Hi all,

i'm having lots of problems after having upgraded to FC2. The most
annoying are:

- smb connections now fail: whenever i try to copy something, i get cp
i/o error. With kernel 2.4 and FC1, everything was pretty smooth..
Sometimes i can connect to some NT4 shares, but definitely i can't read
or write to Apple's shares via SMB (i used to do it everyday before
upgrading);

- i can't switch off my desktop - whenever i log out, X-Server seems to
crash and i can't even reach the normal screen for X login and shutdown;

Both of them are real problems to me. I use FC2 at job and if i can't
copy files to apple machines, i just can't use FC2 :( As to shutdown, i
can 'shutdown -h now' but it is not such a good deal.

HOpe somebody can help.

Thanks a lot

E.