Custom-compiled 2.6.6 kernel = no PS/2 keyboard

Michael S. Peek peek at tiem.utk.edu
Fri Jun 4 13:48:32 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I attempted to post two other messages to the list but they never made it for
some reason.  My appologies if anyone is receiving duplicate messages about
this...

I am attempting to compile a custom 2.6.6 kernel for my duel-CPU motherboard
but have run into a snag.  The stock 2.6.5-i385 boots fine but cannot see both
CPU's.  The stock 2.6.5-i385.smp does not boot at all, but reboots itself over
and over again.  I have a 2.6.6 kernel that boots, but it cannot see the PS/2
keyboard -- very annoying.  (This is a server, so 99% of the time I won't need
a keyboard, but for that last 1% when I do can be critical!)

Not being a hardware guru, I'm not sure what to do about it.  Anyone out there
run accross this sort of thing?

Stats:

- I've installed FC2.

- I'm using linux-2.6.6, with the commands: "make mrproper && make clean &&
  make gconfig && make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install && make
  install"

- On a SuperMicro X5DP8-G2 motherboard with duel Xeon CPU's.
  http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/E7501/X5DP8-G2.cfm

- With the following .config:
  http://www.tiem.utk.edu/~peek/tmp/linux/dot-config

For that matter, if anyone is familiar with the hardware of which I speak and
can give me some pointers on how I can improve on these .config settings, I'm
all ears!

Thanks for the help,

Michael Peek