XFree86 driver releases from the current CVS?

    I noticed that the XFree86 web site provides binaries
for the current video drivers from the XFree86 CVS at...

http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/

Has anyone tried the radeon_drv.o with Fedora Core 2? I am
hoping it might have working DRI support for the Radeon
9600XT since the one in xorg doesn't. While I can get the
ATI 3.9.0 drivers installed on Fedora Core 2 it suffers
from unacceptable amounts of hortizontal static when used
with a ViewSonic VP201s at 1600x1200. Hopefully the
open source driver will fair better.
                    Jack