Signing off

Luc Bouchard luc at luker.on.ca
Fri Jun 4 17:33:09 UTC 2004

First:  A great big thanks to the regular contributor on this list who go out of their
way to help others.  Without you the list would have no value.

Second: Unfortunately the signal to noise ratio of this list is getting to be
unmanageable.  Several hundred replies to a post going on and on about open
source/binary drivers is just not the way to go.  And that is just one example of this
type of bandwitdh waste.

Third: To those of you who champion linux keep up to the good work.

Fourth: To those of you who zealously espouse "Open Source or death"  get a grip, we do
not live in a black & white world.  Maybe as you experience more real world operational
situations you'll realize that there is a lot of grey out there.

I have gotten some good advice/expertise from a few dozen posts over the last 6 months,
but the 5000 emails/month is just too much to handle.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

--
Luc Bouchard
Nepean, ON