XFree86 driver releases from the current CVS?

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 4 17:40:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Jack Howarth wrote:

>    I noticed that the XFree86 web site provides binaries
> for the current video drivers from the XFree86 CVS at...
>
> http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/
>
> Has anyone tried the radeon_drv.o with Fedora Core 2? I am
> hoping it might have working DRI support for the Radeon
> 9600XT since the one in xorg doesn't.

Very unlikely..

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-October/msg02812.html

> While I can get the ATI 3.9.0 drivers installed on Fedora Core 2 it
> suffers from unacceptable amounts of hortizontal static when used
> with a ViewSonic VP201s at 1600x1200. Hopefully the open source
> driver will fair better.

There could be issues with the 4kstack code in FC2 kernel & binary
drivers. You might want to try 8k-stack-FC2 kernel built by linuxant

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc2-kernel-i686.php

Satish