FC2 and ATI 3.9.0 works but static...

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri Jun 4 18:12:16 UTC 2004

Jack Howarth wrote:

>Any insights on this static issue would be
>greatly appreciated as the speed is great but
>there is way to much static to be usable now.
>                       Jack

When you say static - what do you mean exactly. I have a Radeon 8500 and
I am seeing what I would call either flicker or static - and sorry but I
don't have a solution. I'm just trying to determine if other ATI users
are 'seeing' what I am seeing, or if my monitor is on its deathbed.

To be more specific about what I see ...
I get rapid horizontal 'shifts' of the screen that move entire rows of
maybe 1-3 pixels in height to the left of my screen and back. It is
fast, so if I'm looking at the left black edge of my screen, I see
squiggles flicker out into the black area and back. It always seems to
happen within in the same horizontal region as the mouse pointer - ie.
within a range of 1-2 cm above and below the mouse pointers horizontal
position. It seems to happen maybe 4-5 times per minute - ie. mega
annoying and virtually unusable.

Is this what you're seeing? or am I alone in my problem?

p.s. - I don't have any problems with same hardware in win xp.

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!