IOmega Zip drives on a parallel port.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Jun 4 19:30:30 UTC 2004

My method to get iomega external zip drives to work under FC1  has been to do: modprobe ppa
and then use /dev/sda4.

This used to work and now it doesn't. In addition zip disks created on
an internal iomega drive l associated with /dev/hdd can not be read on
the external zip drive.

Currently most commands say /dev/sda4 is not a block device and when I
do a mkfs it starts but when it starts writing blocks the iomega drive
sounds like a machine gun which never stops and the process can't be
easily killed.

Any wisdom would be appreciated. This has happened with two different
iomega external drives so I am puzzled..
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.