FC1 -> FC2 Update: DISASTER!!! - (not really)

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 5 03:52:59 UTC 2004

John Fleming wrote:

>>1) error with XKB -- solution to edit xorg.conf
>>

>Edit how please?
>
>I don't even have that file - Closest thing is
>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/getconfig/xorg.cfg

/etc/X11/xorg.conf should be present. You might have the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file still. I guess both files work.

I believe this line is the one causing the error. I did a search for
xfree86 and replaced it with xorg.conf. I just looked at the file
xorg.conf and no line like that exists.

Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"

Attached is a diff file for differences between my FC1 file (XF86Config)
and FC2 file (xorg.conf)
The < lines are from xorg.conf and the > lines are from the old
XF86Config file.

Jim

--
You get along very well with everyone except animals and people.