European law (was: Re: Dear Fedora Community, what do you want?)

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Sat Jun 5 11:19:16 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 16:18 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> However, I am not convinced that the original poster's statement about
> "laws recently approved in the EU that allow one to see his house raided by
> private police without a warrant on alledged [sic] violations of copyright"
> is accurate and objective.

I'm reffering precisely to what you just noticed. And yes, they're
accurate and objective. You can (and probably should) take a look at the
directive. It is broad enough to allow that, and as you noticed, that
happens in the UK and the USA. In the US this kind of legislation has
been used to target, amongst others, children and their parents for
downloading music.

You could check

http://plone.ffii.org/events/2004/ipred/