latest xinitrc does not execute xinput

Takashi Okawa tks at okw-j.com
Sun Jun 6 06:47:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

I updated xinit Today by using up2date on Fedora Core 2.
Latest /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc has below to execute xinput.

# run all system xinitrc shell scripts.
for file in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/* ; do
     if echo $file | grep -q "\.sh$" ; then
         . $file
     else
         echo "warning: $file does not end in .sh extension, ignoring"
     fi
done

It said all system xinitrc shell scripts must have .sh extension.
But /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/xinput and xmbind does not have the
extension. So, it seems mismatch between xinitrc and script files.
Then I faced a problem that I can't use Japanese input tools such as
Canna by using the default. Ofcourse, it was solved by deleting 'if'
statement on my local.

Actually, I'm still newbie on Linux and Fedora Core 2. I'm not sure
whether this mailing list is proper or not for this kind of thing. But
I'd just like to let you know above because I could not find this in the
archive.

Best Regards,
Okawa