Re: driver for canon i455

Am So, den 06.06.2004 schrieb Wayne Steenburg um 02:58:
> Turboprint (www.turboprint.de) which runs ontop of cups and seems to do
> prety good, but in order to print in high quality mode you have to
> register (i.e. pay) for it. I understand that, but I'd prefer to use
> software that is free as in speech. Does anyone have any suggestions of
> good, free, drivers for my canon i455?

As to my knowledge the newer canon inkjet printers use a Canon printer
language whose documentation is not freely available. Canon is
sponsoring the turboprint project to some extend and delivers the
language documentation under a NDA. You will not find other drivers for
most of their printers. Canon printers have a cheap price/page ratio, so
you will get back the 25 USD for turboprint by savings in the area of
consumables quite soon (esp. if you intend to use photo printing).

Peter