[FC2] Problem with switchdesk

Sun Jun 6 12:30:48 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have been looking around this week to change my windows manager to a
light and fast one. It seems my choice will go for Fluxbox, but I cannot
use it a default, it says that it is not installed, when it is...

If I want to use it, I have to log in and select Fluxbox in the session
at the bottom left. that means it's properly installed.

I might know from where is the problem.

[mythtv at localhost mythtv]$ switchdesk Fluxbox
Red Hat Linux switchdesk 4.0
Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Red Hat, Inc
Redistributable under the terms of the GNU General Public License
ERROR: FLUXBOX not installed!
[mythtv at localhost mythtv]$

As you can see it writs FLUXBOX in maj is not available and I wonder if
it's not a problem there. A problem between MAJ and min.

I even tried to use the switchdesk-gui, but it gives the same error, I
can select Flushbox the list, but it says FLUXBOX is not installed.

Is there a way to modify the default windows manager in modifying a conf
file or ... ?

Thxs
Ludo
http://www.mythTVtalk.com (Now Open!!!)
Feel free to assist us in building a MythTV community!
--
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on i686 CPU kernel 2.6.6
@ 14:23:24 up 50 min,  3 users,  load average: 1.44, 1.36, 1.29