Re: Fedora Core 3 Wishlist

On Sunday 06 Jun 2004 12:30, Ankit Malik wrote:
> Fedora Core 3 Wishlist
>
> Just keep adding your wishes to it in points if possible

I'll bite:

NTFS read capability compiled in by default.

An option to turn off 4kstacks in kernel config

Make Wine work again dammit.

A proper package manager like KPackage or GnoRPM

A decent newsticker for Gnome or a version of the gnome-panel app-swallower
(there is a version for 2.x out there) that swallows KNewsTicker properly.

An actual option (ie: one which doesn't break a gazillion dependencies) to
make a non-preemptable kernel so kmail stops hogging my damn CPU.

'Probe all SCSI LUNs' compiled in by default so my 6-in-1 card reader can read
something other than Sony Memory Stick without a recompile.

Put mozplugger plugin as lower priority than all other plugins as (for reasons
I don't comprehend) CXPlugin still works fine and mplayer streams like a cow.

I feel these are mostly minor fixes (like the kernel defaults).

regards, Paul