Re: Mounting Fat 32 (Windows) directory in FC2

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:28:51 -0700 (PDT), Mac <mrmack1 yahoo com> wrote:

I have been unable to automatically mount the Windows
directory in FC2.  When FC2 is loading I get this
failure message:

I have the following in my fstab:

/dev/hdb1 /mnt/windows vfat auto,users,gid=windows,umask=0007 0 0

and a group called "windows", which contains all the users that I want to be able to write to the Windows partition. I originally had this in RH7.3 (8.0, 9, FC1) and it still works now in FC2, so it seems pretty future proof :)

Of course, you would have to change hdb1 to match whatever yours is, and remember to create a "windows" group with your username in it...

--
Dylan Parry