FC1 stable, FC2 ... you wish.

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jun 7 01:50:39 UTC 2004

    Okay, so after a whole week of fighting FC2 to run, and having to
reboot the machine every 4 to 5 hours because of a kernel panic, I
downgraded to FC1 and low and behold...the server's running without a
single hitch.  So, something's screwed with FC2 which causes it to panic
with either the pdflush or the swapper processes, whereas none of the
previous RH versions, nor FC1 have that problem.  It also trashed a 200
GB drive every time it panicked.  None of the previous versions of RH
did that.

    And with everything else I have read on this list over the past two
weeks or so, I'd say stay away from FC2.  Maybe it's time I start
looking at a different distribution...

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.