i booted in rescue mode
chroot /mnt/sysimage
mount /mnt/cdrom
cd /mnt/cdrom/Fedora/RPMS
rpm -ivh --replacepkgs kernel-*.rpm
cd /usr/src/linux*
make menuconfig
make bzImage
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-*

i don't know if i did the right thing but it works now!

thanx!

sly
(561)601-4303
dsyc go ro
73 6c 79

Crutcher Dunnavant wrote:
would this do it?
rpm -ivh --force kernel-???.rpm

On 7 Jun 2004 01:26:59 -0000, sly <dsyc go ro> wrote:

Assuming you are correct and it is really corrupt (I doubt it but I have been
wrong before). Boot into rescue mode and reinstall the kernel rpm. Your
backup is the original rpm you installed during the install.

it is corrupted cuz i did it! :( i messed up!

Boot into rescue mode
mount the cd with the original kernel rpm on it
rpm -ivh --replacepkgs kernel*.rpm should do it.

it fails because of dependencies!

sly.

----

Home, no matter how far...