Re: X logout = box freeze

I have the same problem, log out of X and I need a power cycle. That's not usually a problem for me but a pain in the arse when I actually need to drop to text mode for some reason. Anyway, last I heard it was a nvidia bug and we need to wait for new drivers.

-n.

Aaron Cirilo wrote:

running fedora 2
installed drivers for nVidia GeForce 2 MX

finally got the display PERFECT..it appeared until i tried to logout of
x.
the computer blinks..then a HARD lock up. power cycle is the only option.

i'm new to linux(less than a week--this time)
so forgive me for not automatically including proper logs or info.

Aaron