DHCP working but not assigning clients names.

Hi Guys,

I have got a serious mental block in understanding how to make this
work.
I have DHCP Server serving an adress pool of 192.168.100.128 - 254.
The server is working. But it doesn't give the PCs connecting a
hostname. This is very irritating when doing an NFS installation.

Do I use the dhcp-client config or must I set up a DNS or NIS, U C I
haven't a clue what to do.
I thought that a dns server would be outrageous because the network is
not on the internet it is basically less than computers.

help please

Chadley Wilson
Soon 2 B RHCE
Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.
Enjoy the adventures of Linux
Linux is easy, lazy people critise, curse and fail.